Join a vibrant team of people of all ages and cultures, all with the common aim to spread reliable information and raise
awareness about issues often left uncovered. You will be able to collaborate with the team about fundraising and funding opportunities, and learn from a group of young people with extensive experience in NGOs, activist groups and the United Nations. You will join a team in a new venture, where all the building blocks will be built together. In order to improve the quality of our work (fund contributors to visit remote places and get first hand information, maintain the website, participate in projects and campaigns) there is need to fundraise. We have recently begun to seek funds to bring the platform a step forward; there is a Patreon page, as well as a Paypal account, both visible on the “Support Us” page on our website. As the team has just begun fundraising, there is a need to push on this particular aspect and achieve support from different sides, with the ultimate goal being the quality of the work we put on the platform.
The Fundraising volunteer will assist the WIB team in their fundraising strategy and methods for a period of 3 months starting on 15 May 2016. He/She will be responsible to maintain the WIB Patreon page, as well as promoting our activities in order to get more funding. The volunteer will contribute with new ideas and tools to help the WIB team achieve their fundraising goals and gain visibility in order to receive more support.
- Maintain and promote Patreon Page
- Find new channels to fundraise
- Develop and Monitor a Pipeline Database
- Organize a targeted fundraising campaign
- Define clear expectation for engagement with our partners
- Find innovative ways to engage with the existing partners & identify and establish new partnerships
- Find a variety ways to get support and gain visibility (partnerships, guest posting, funds)
- BA in Communications, Social Entrepreneurship, International Development or related
- Interest in gaining experience in Fundraising and Communications in the non-profit sector
- Familiarity with Social Media channels in a professional context
- Interest in human rights, gender, development and environment issues
- Verifiable fundraising experience is an asset
- Comfortable to work remotely and to communicate online with the team
The volunteer will work from home, anywhere in the world, on a part-time basis, to be agreed with the team. A good internet connection is required.
The position is not remunerated therefore the candidates are encouraged to seek outside funding.
If you are interested in the role, please send your CV and a short cover letter (300 words) to email@example.com specifying in the subject “Fundraising Volunteer“